People won't remember what you said - They won't even remember what you did - But they will always remember how you made them feel ! !



Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Year!

Each of us have new goals and aspirations for the coming year.  I am excited to share my talents and time with you through this blog.  Many of us have children still at home or we are empty nesters who are still giving our older children help when needed.

I have found it is not the new things that always give me pleasure or the most use.  Instead, I find tools or machines I already have often provide comfort or ease of use and only need a little help to become productive once more.  When I refurbish a tool or product to that "like new" condition there are several advantages.  1) It saves me time and money.  2) I already know how to put the item to use.  3) I have the joy and satisfaction of recreating a dependable and useful device or machine.

My father was an Iowa farmer.  It was at his side that I learned the pride of taking care of what I had.  I still remember his instructions, "Always maintain the machinery and it will last a long time.  Use the tools for the purpose they were designed and don't ram around."  My favorite personal quote is, "If you take care of it, it will take care of you."

As the year unfolds we each are looking for ways to draw in our belts and cut our costs.  We can use the tools and resources which God has given us to make our lives exciting and fulfilling.  That involves taking care of what we have.

This blog is dedicated to show how you can use your talents and tools to make a difference in your home and life.  I plan to walk you through different project I have completed and start you on your own projects.  I have had fun completing my own projects and I've learned a lot along the way.  I hope you can use my experiences and that we will both enjoy happy and productive days ahead!

Exciting restorations are ahead!

Ron

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have fun with this. I shared it on Facebook. Hopefully that will catch some other Roadway eyes. Enjoy the venture! I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,
    Really enjoyed reading the article and seeing the pictures. I know you will be great at this.
    Your dad (Wayne) always could fix things.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you for stopping by.